Compassionate Attorney Dedicated To Helping Couples Grow Their Families
Adopting a child is an act of generosity practically unmatched in our society. Taking on another family member is a life-changing event for everyone involved – parents and children alike. Because of the complexity involved in adoptions, working with an experienced adoption lawyer is a must for many people. Lead attorney Stephanie A. Dietz, in Edgewood, Kentucky, can assist couples and individuals who are adopting a child.
Representing Your Family In An Adoption Case
Attorney Dietz of Dietz Family Law PLLC is an experienced family law attorney and can help clients understand the different types of adoption, which include:
- Step-parent adoption: When a spouse of a minor child’s parent wishes to adopt that child
- Foreign adoption or international adoption: When an individual or couple adopts a child from outside the United States
- Private adoption: When the adoptive parents and biological parents enter into an agreement without the aid of an agency. This can be someone introduced to the adoptive parents through family, friends or a church.
- Agency adoption: When a prospective adoptive parent or parents utilize an agency to facilitate the placement of the child in their home
- Foster adoption: When the foster parents adopt a child that is in the care, custody and control of the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services because the biological parents’ rights have been terminated
Attorney Dietz offers guidance depending on the type of adoption that clients are seeking. For some adoptions, it is necessary to petition the court to terminate parental rights prior to filing for adoption. She can assist with this matter as well as with parents who believe their parental rights are being wrongfully terminated.
Your Legal Advocate In Adoption
Adoption and the legal system can be challenging to understand and navigate alone, but with lead attorney Stephanie Dietz on your side, she will employ her experience and knowledge to help guide you through the adoption process.